Do you feel embarrassed while smiling because of your yellow teeth? Has the yellowish nature of your teeth become a problem for you? Do you want shinier and white teeth? If yes, custom whitening trays can be the best solution to your problem. Continue reading this guide to explore how custom whitening kits can brighten your smile.
Using custom whitening trays is a safe and effective treatment for getting rid of yellow teeth. Let’s start the discussion by discovering what custom whitening trays are?
What are Custom Whitening Trays?
Have you ever used mouthguards? If yes, you might not find it difficult to understand what are custom whitening trays. Custom whitening trays are somewhat similar to mouthguards. You place these mouthguards on your teeth with a whitening gel, which helps manage staining.
Several custom whitening trays are applied at your home, while for the others, you may have to visit a dentist’s office. However, all these trays require a custom fitting by your dentist.
How do Custom Whitening Trays work?
It is pretty simple to achieve a brighter smile through custom whitening trays. Let’s see how these trays work.
- Before a dentist makes any custom trays, your dentist will clean and treat your teeth to remove existing dental problems. Once cleaned, the dentist will proceed to create custom trays.
- In the first step, your dentist will take impressions of your teeth and create molds to make teeth whitening trays.
- Once the trays get ready, they are fitted with a bleaching solution for your teeth.
- Once the whitening trays are ready, the dentist will provide clear instructions on how you can wear these trays.
- You have to wear these kits for 4 hours a day for about 1-2 weeks
- Within a few weeks, you will observe a significant improvement in the whiteness of your teeth.
Why Use Custom Whitening Trays?
You might wonder why you should be using custom teeth whitening trays to whiten your teeth when there are so many other options. The following reasons will help you understand why teeth whitening trays are the best solution for getting rid of yellow teeth and brightening your smile.
· Teeth Whitening Trays Fit Comfortably
Teeth whitening trays are custom-made, which means they fit comfortably in your teeth. They might have a tight fit, yet they are comfortable. On the contrary, over-the-counter trays are big and loose and are less effective.
· Gum Irritation
The gel leaks out when a tray does not fit appropriately over your teeth. Resultantly, gum irritation may occur. All these things lead to pain and discomfort. That’s why custom-made teeth whitening trays must be preferred. These trays fit comfortably and do not cause any pain or discomfort.
How to Maintain A Brighter Smile?
With consistent usage of teeth whitening trays, you may achieve bright and shiny teeth; however, maintaining a brighter smile and white teeth requires consistent efforts. The following tips will help you preserve the effects of your teeth whitening.
- Brush your teeth at least two times a day with a whitening toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth daily using an interdental brush or water flossers.
- Avoid consuming foods that stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, wine, blueberries, etc.
- Visit your dentist regularly for maintaining dental hygiene
- Ditch smoking or chewing tobacco
Are There Are Any Side Effects of Teeth Whitening Trays?
As far as the side effects are concerned, the most common issue that arises because of the custom whitening trays is tooth sensitivity. Tooth sensitivity is caused by the presence of peroxide content in the teeth whitening kit.
Usually, the tooth sensitivity subsides within a couple of days after the whitening process. However, if it persists for long, you must visit your dentist and request him to see if there is some underlying cause.