Back pain is a common problem that affects millions of people around the world. If it lasts for more than 12 weeks, it is considered chronic. Chronic back pain may hinder daily activities and diminish the overall quality of life. It is essential to treat the issue on time before it gets severe. There are natural back pain treatments that help many people find relief from this common problem.
Let us explore seven effective natural back pain treatments that have shown promising effects in alleviating the pain, offering a holistic approach to managing this common problem.
1. Consumption Of Anti-Inflammatory Drinks Every Day
Consuming anti-inflammatory drinks and foods regularly, like turmeric milk, tart cherry juice, ginger-green tea, etc., can help build several antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer agents in your body. These agents play a vital role in eliminating inflammatory reactions in the body. If regular milk increases inflammation in the body, you can try plant-based milk, such as almond milk, for better results.
2. A Restful Night’s Sleep
Having a restful and comfortable sleep during the night will keep your back less painful during the day. A restful night’s sleep has healing benefits that make you feel less stressed while keeping you refreshed and rejuvenated. You can try different sleeping aids like vitamins C and B6, melatonin, L-theanine, Valerian, etc., one at a time and figure out which ones work best for you. You can also consume cheery juice or extracts, which contain enzymes that promote better sleep.
3. Avoid Long Periods Of Static Posture
It is important to pay attention to your standing and sitting postures, as they affect the joints and muscles of the spine and hip. To prevent much stress on these joints, follow these tips:
- When you have a desk job, you spend most of the time sitting in the same position. Excessive sitting for a long period can put too much pressure on your spinal disc. Make sure you stand and walk for some distance every hour to take the pressure off your disc and avoid back pain.
- Poor and unsupported postures are the common causes of back pain. Keep a check on your posture, and be sure to adjust your neck, shoulder, and back alignment every time you change your position to prevent stress on the spine.
4. Practice Yoga For Gentle Stretching Of Your Joints
It is essential to practice stretching exercises to improve your muscles and joints health, and yoga is one of the effective methods that enhance blood circulation in the body while distributing healing nutrients and increasing the spine’s flexibility.
5. Try Mindful Meditation
Meditations help release endorphins, which are a feel-good hormone that decreases anxiety and stress. With the help of mindful meditation, you can gain the ability to fight your pain.
Bonus tip: consuming vitamin D3 supplements can help improve the functioning of your bone, neuromuscular, and immune systems. It can help alleviate back pain by increasing calcium absorption in the body.
For more non-surgical back pain treatments, you can consult renowned healthcare centers like ANSSI Wellness, which will accurately diagnose your problem and help you heal faster without medicines or injections.