Circular connectors are designed to be used with applications that are used in harsh and extreme environmental conditions including extreme pressures, vibrations, shocks, dirt, moisture, heat, cold, and much more than all this. Their robustness allows them to endure such situations and work efficiently. This is the reason they are now used in all kinds of industrial applications including aerospace, pharmaceutical applications, defense system, and much more. Their round cabling system and easy-to-fit property make them more efficient to use in such applications where they provide high-speed data transfer without causing any disturbance or data loss to the system. They are also designed with multi-pin connections that make them easy to install and remove.
With the increase in demand, circular connectors are available with various variations and types which makes it quite confusing to decide which one is best suitable for your application. Let us check out the components and features of these connectors to make them more understandable for everyone.
- Connector Contacts: As connectors are all about transmitting signals, a correct connection between the connective material has to be made and this is where contacts play a very vital role. Contacts are used to connect the conductive material with the plug and then the plug carries the signal to the mating conductive material in the socket.
- Connector Ports. The circles that make up the connector are the connector ports. This is the reason many times a connector works on a single port. But, some circular connectors, with the help of multiple circular sockets, split signals to various other ports.
- Method of Termination: As the name says when a signal is carried in the wire, it has to be terminated at some point and this method explains how this is terminated into the connector. Crimp Termination is one of the most dominant methods of termination in the connectors each connector has its specification and depending on that crimps and crimping tools are decided. So, before selecting the termination method, it is important to check the compatibility of the product on the connector’s specification datasheet.
- Design of the Connectors / Body Orientation: The design of the connector plays a very vital role while using it in a specific system. The body orientation of the connectors needs to be considered when choosing any application so that it can provide appropriate flexibility without using much space. Let us understand with the help of an example – when a plug television set is designed, it is always considered that it has to be flat from one side as mostly the television sets are placed either placed on the table or mounted on the wall and too much wiring should be avoided. The same thing happens in the case of the body orientation of connectors. It has to be designed in a way that it can provide enough flexibility to the applications.
- Contact Gender: Selecting the correct gender in connectors is a quite confusing task for everyone. The gender of the connector differs from the connector itself tour in segway di cracovia con centro storico e visita facoltativa a podgórze thestyleplus funnyjok.
These are some components of the circular connectors that can help you select one for your applications.