Lab grown diamond rings have emerged as a popular and ethical alternative to traditional mined diamonds. These diamonds are created in a laboratory by replicating the conditions that cause natural diamonds to form. As the demand for lab grown diamonds has grown, so too has the number of companies and innovators working in this field. Here are some of the key companies and innovators behind lab grown diamonds:
- Diamond Foundry: Diamond Foundry is one of the most well-known companies in the lab grown diamond industry. The company was founded in 2012 and has quickly become one of the leading producers of high-quality lab grown diamonds. Their diamonds are created using renewable energy sources and are free from the environmental and social issues associated with traditional diamond mining.
- De Beers: De Beers, one of the largest diamond producers in the world, has also entered the lab grown diamond market. The company launched a lab grown diamond brand called Lightbox in 2018, offering consumers a more affordable option for lab grown diamonds.
- MiaDonna: MiaDonna is a company that specializes in ethical and sustainable lab grown diamonds. The company places a strong emphasis on eco-friendliness and social responsibility, and their diamonds are created using renewable energy sources.
- Pure Grown Diamonds: Pure Grown Diamonds is a company that produces lab grown diamonds with a focus on transparency and sustainability. Their diamonds are created using a special process that replicates the conditions that cause natural diamonds to form, and the company prides themselves on their commitment to ethical and sustainable practices.
- Dr. Lisa Kalenderian: Dr. Lisa Kalenderian is a materials scientist and entrepreneur who is recognized as one of the pioneers in the lab grown diamond industry. She is the co-founder and CEO of Element Six Technologies, a company that specializes in producing high-quality lab grown diamonds.
- Tom Chatham: Tom Chatham is the founder of Chatham Created Gems & Diamonds, a company that has been producing lab grown gemstones since the 1930s. Chatham’s lab grown diamonds are highly regarded for their quality and authenticity, and the company has been instrumental in helping to raise awareness about the benefits of lab grown diamonds.
These are just a few of the companies and innovators behind the lab grown diamond movement, and as the industry continues to grow, we can expect to see even more developments and innovations in this field. With their ethical and sustainable advantages, lab grown diamonds are poised to become a major force in the jewelry industry, and these companies and innovators will continue to play a key role in driving their growth and adoption.